Saturday, October 13, 2012

Closed For Repairs

At this point in time, I thought I would be working on my Chanukah pieces and writing up my latest blog post regarding my amazing trip to Vermont.

Instead, I am sitting in a hotel room 15 minutes away from my house. A house that is no longer a home. Just an empty shell of broken walls and pulled up floors.

If you don't already know, a leak in my second floor bathroom has deemed my home "uninhabitable" - everything has been packed up and shipped off to a storage facility and all that remains are some clothes that I was able to rescue.


What a humbling experience.
I have no home to go to.
No place familiar.


I have such saddness.
So much.
Everything I had. Everything that was mine. Is gone and I don't know when it will come back.

Thank God the most important thing, my children, are safe and sound. You can replace objects but my children are priceless.

Bereishis, in the beginning.
This week's Parsha.
I have my faith. I have Emunah.
Hashem doesn't call you on the phone to let you know that things will happen.
They just do.

It's time for change.
It's time for Bereishis.

This week brings more challenges and heartbreak.
Please stay with me.
It's your support that helps me stay afloat.
I hope to find a new place to paint and work soon.

Till next time.
Abbey


1 comment:

  1. Abbey! I'm so sorry for the devastation you are being brave and IYH going forward to new beginning but its still SO hard!!! My offer still stands and Also let me know if you need clothes for anyone in the family!? I have an attic full of boys clothes from infant to size 8, and girls from infant to size 7!! Happy to pass along anything u need!?

    ReplyDelete