Sunday, February 24, 2013

An Asian Purim Sueda

Purim Day is always a crazy hectic mess of a day. You put so much thought and effort into the holiday only to have it fly past you. I am always amazed by the insanity of it all.

For this working mommy as I wrote in my previous post we went Asian this Purim. For my shaloch manot we gave out sushi and candy sushi for the kids.


My table filled with sushi from Main Ingredient

For the first time ever I was making Purim Sueda for my family. I didn't have tons of money to spend on decor and so everything I made was homemade. My budget was $25. Yah, that's pretty small. I used it on paper goods and some actual paper. My kids enjoyed making the paper lanterns and the place card paper fortune cookies. I lit some candles on the table and even fabricated a paper lantern tree from branches found in the yard. 

 My menu was pretty simple. I made my own eggrolls that my mother ended up helping me fry. My sisters contributed by bringing the sesame noodles, broccoli, drinks and rice. I made the beef and chicken which I prepared by marinating them on Friday before Shabbos. The salads were easily put together an hour before the seuda.

My kids were great and each felt special in their costumes. They were all bought on sale either through amazon or Target during the Halloween season. My husband was a sumo wrestler (so funny cause he's super healthy skinny) and I was the geisha. My daughter also was an Asian princess, my 2 boys ninjas, my toddler a dragon, and my baby an Asian cutie :)


This was hands down the best picture of the day. 
All in all it was a really great day! No meltdowns, no crying, ok maybe a little whining from the kiddos about the nosh, but overall it was a wonderful day spent with my family. We even had time to pop in at the Rabbi's party/sueda after hours. Thanks Ma for babysitting!

Till next time,
Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment